Airbus Helicopters acquires its Italian distributor
July 17, 2019 By Helicopters Staff
Airbus Helicopters has strengthened its footprint in Italy with the acquisition of its distributor Aersud Elicotteri, which has been an Airbus partner for 50 years. Airbus Helicopters also introduced changes to its executive committee.
Headquartered in the North of Italy, near the city of Verona, the helicopter OEM states Aersud played a key role in increasing Airbus Helicopters’ market share in Italy, primarily with Airbus’ single-engine H125 and twin-engine H145 helicopters – described as well suited to the country’s mountainous conditions.
“With over 250 helicopters in service and more than 90 operators in the country, Italy is an important market for Airbus Helicopters, and we are here to stay,” said Bruno Even, CEO, Airbus Helicopters. “I would like to thank Aersud Elicotteri which has played a key role in increasing the fleet of Airbus helicopters in Italy over the last 50 years.”
Airbus Helicopters also announced it is implementing a new executive committee on September 1, 2019. “The simplification of our organisation aims at being leaner, improving our efficiency and developing collaboration within the company. To achieve this, we have regrouped certain functions into single organizations such as programs, quality and aviation safety, and operations,” said Even. “Bringing strategy as well as the DTO and company transformation functions to the executive committee is essential in preparing the future of our business” said Bruno Even, CEO of Airbus Helicopters.
The changes to be made to the Airbus Helicopters executive committee include:
• Alain Flourens, currently executive VP industry, will be nominated executive VP operations, covering industry and procurement;
• Wolfgang Schoder, currently executive VP, Light Helicopters and Governmental Programs, will be nominated executive VP strategy and remain GM of Airbus Helicopters Germany and the representative for German authorities;
• Matthieu Louvot, currently executive VP, customer support & services, will be nominated executive VP Airbus Helicopters Programs, taking over the Light Helicopters and Governmental Programs from Wolfgang Schoder as of September 1, 2019. He will then lead the new unified Airbus Helicopters Programs organization as of January 1, 2020;
• Christoph Zammert, currently head of program support, will become executive VP, customer support & services and become a member of the Airbus Helicopters executive committee;
• Mathilde Royer, currently head of global set-up optimization project, will be nominated as digital transformation officer and head of company transformation; and become a member of the Airbus Helicopters executive committee; and
• Bernhard Weigl, currently head of aviation safety and quality, will become a member of the Airbus Helicopters executive committee.