Airbus Helicopters Canada seeking safety leaders
June 22, 2016 By Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters Canada is once again looking to recognize outstanding achievement in the rotary wing industry with its 5th annual “Innovation in Safety Award.”
Nominations for the “Innovation in Safety Award” are now open and a committee of industry professionals will once again select the winner of this year’s award.
The award ceremony will take place during the Helicopter Association of Canada’s (HAC) annual conference, Nov. 10-14 in Edmonton. The award recipient will receive a cash prize of $10,000 in addition to recognition from the industry.
“Airbus Helicopters’ chief priority is to support flight safety for the thousands of men and women who are transported in aircraft every day,” said Romain Trapp, president, Airbus Helicopters Canada. “Carrying out this commitment across Canada are the people we want to honour with this award.”
The “Innovation in Safety Award” was established as a point of reference to measure the advancements and accomplishments of organizations and individuals working to uphold Canadian helicopter safe flying practices, while employing an exceptional or ground-breaking approach. This award is a testimony to the high degree of professionalism and innovation found in today’s Canadian rotor wing operations.
The award will be presented to the nominee who has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of safe flying procedures, as recognized through the examination of skill development, training and additional resources, while sustaining Canadian helicopter safe flying practices.
To be eligible, nominees must:
• Be a Canadian-owned organization, group, company, agency or individual resident of Canada.
• Have a lifelong career in helicopter flying and training minimum 25 to 30 years, without any accidents. Professionalism and safe flying experience demonstrates a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots.
• Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety over an extended period of time (three years or longer).
• Have successfully completed a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
• Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
The 2016 “Innovation in Safety Award” application is located on the Airbus Helicopters Canada website at: https://www.airbushelicopters.ca/innovation-in-safety-award-2016
The deadline for submission is October 2, 2016. Please email applications to:
Laura Senecal, Director, Public Relations & Corporate Affairs, email@example.com