Airbus Helicopters Canada to honour safety leaders
August 12, 2015 By Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters Canada is seeking nominations from Canadian helicopter professionals for its 2015 Innovation in Safety award.
As in previous years, the winner(s) of the ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ will be selected by a committee of industry professionals. The award ceremony will take place during the Helicopter Association of Canada’s annual conference, November 13th-15th in Vancouver, BC. The award recipient will receive a cash prize of $10,000.00 in addition to recognition from the industry.
“It is our main priority to promote safe flying practices, not only across Canada but around the globe,” said Romain Trapp, President, Airbus Helicopters Canada. “Success and safety go hand in hand. It is our intention with this award to create a broader understanding and awareness by highlighting best safety practices and initiatives.”
This award was established as a point of reference to measure the advanced accomplishments of organizations or individuals in sustaining safe helicopter flying practices, while employing an exceptional or ground-breaking approach. This award is testimony to the high degree of professionalism and innovation prevalent in today’s Canadian rotor wing operations.
The ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ will be presented to the nominee(s) whose exceptional or ground-breaking approach has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of safe flying procedures, as recognized through the analysis of skill development, training and any additional resources, while sustaining Canadian helicopter safe flying practices.
To be eligible, nominees must:
- Be a Canadian-owned organization, group, company, agency or individual resident of Canada from the rotary wing industry who has:
- Have a lifelong career in helicopter flying and training minimum 25 to 30 years, without any accidents. Professionalism and safe flying experience demonstrates a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots.
- Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety over an extended period of time (three years or longer).
- Have successfully completed a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
- Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
The 2015 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application is located on the Airbus Helicopters Canada website at: http://www.airbushelicopters.ca/safetyaward-2/
Deadline for submission is October 2, 2015
Please email applications to:
Director, Communications & Corporate Affairs
Print this page