Apical’s EC145 emergency float kits
November 18, 2009 By Administrator
Nov. 18, 2009 – DART Helicopter Services has announced that
their subsidiary Apical Industries has received Transport Canada
approval of the EC145 Tri-Bag Emergency Float Systems with &
Nov. 18, 2009 – DART Helicopter Services is pleased to announce that their subsidiary Apical Industries has received Transport Canada approval of the EC145 Tri-Bag Emergency Float Systems with & without Liferafts.
The Apical EC145 Emergency Float Kits consist of: four emergency floats attached to the skid gear, a float inflation reservoir mounted on the lower portion of the fuselage, and a cyclic-mounted float inflation handle. The kit may also contain a set of two 8-man liferafts (with 11 man overload capacity) which are packed on the aft floats and have their own mechanical inflation system. The patented integrated design of the Apical Liferaft system conserves valuable passenger space and provides a significant safety benefit over cabin mounted options. All the associated plumbing, hardware and electrical components to complete the installation of the kits are provided.
- Mechanical float inflation with cyclic mounted lever plus an optional automatic electrical back-up inflation system.
- Patented integrated Floats/Liferafts.
- 2/Eight man liferafts with survival kits.
- Mechanical liferaft inflation from cockpit or 2 externally mounted T-Handles.
- Total kit weight is only 122 lbs, 190 lbs (with Liferafts).
- Aircraft water towing at 10 KTS for recovery.
- Designed for use with Float Skidtubes or standard Skidtubes with optional Skid Extension Kit.
- Exchange program available for Floats, Liferafts & Reservoir Valve Assemblies.