Bains announces Innovation Agenda action areas
June 15, 2016 By AIAIC
The Honourable Navdeep Bains has announced six action areas that will guide the government’s development of a national Innovation Agenda. Those areas are:
- promoting an entrepreneurial and creative society
- supporting global science excellence
- building world-leading clusters and partnerships
- growing companies and accelerating clean growth
- competing in a digital world
- improving ease of doing business
The government will be conducting public engagement opportunities throughout the summer, which will be followed by the creation of an action plan later in the year.
Jim Quick, president and CEO of the Aerospace Industries Association of Canada, issued the following statement in response to the announcement:
On behalf of the Board and members of AIAC, I am pleased to see the government’s commitment to prioritizing Canadian innovation as a key means of creating economic opportunity and prosperity. As our nation’s leading industrial investor in research and development and a globally-integrated exporter of highly innovative Canadian products and technologies, Canada’s aerospace industry serves as a shining example of the opportunity that innovative products and manufacturing processes can create. We commend Minister Bains and his colleagues on the development of the Innovation Agenda, and we look forward to working with the government in the months ahead to identify how Canada’s aerospace sector can contribute to a prosperous, innovative Canada for all.
- Yellowhead Helicopters adds two Eagle 407s
- Feds drafting new legislation to combat drones at airports