CHC announces 4th annual Safety & Quality Summit
December 21, 2007 By Corrie
Dec. 20, 2007, Vancouver, B.C. - Mr Sylvain Allard, President and CEO of CHC Helicopter Corp., invites you to attend the 4th annual CHC Safety & Quality Summit from March 31 to April 2, 2008 Vancouver.
Sylvain Allard, President and CEO of CHC Helicopter Corp.,
invites you to attend the 4th annual CHC Safety & Quality Summit
from March 31 to April 2, 2008 Vancouver.
theme of the 2008 CHC Safety & Quality Summit is "Practical Tools
to Build a Safety Culture: Leveraging Your Safety Management System to
Reduce Human Error".
year's Summit attracted well over 300 delegates from over 140 different
aviation organizations, representing 27 countries. The most common
response of the Summit review was, "This was the best safety conference
I have ever attended." We expect the same standard and almost double
the attendance. CHC hopes you will be part of this conference, a true
gathering of the best minds in aviation.
More than 50 workshops from world renowned speakers including:
- Dr. Scott Shappell, Dr. Doug Wiegmann, human factors speakers and authors of HFACS;
- Dr. Patrick Hudson, author and speaker on Safety Culture;
- Dr. Bill Rankin, author of Boeing's MEDA program;
- Dr. Peter Gardiner, the President & CEO of the Southern California Safety Institute;
- Mr. David Downey, Manager of the FAA's Helicopter Directorate;
- Mr. Tom Anthony, Director of the USC Aviation Safety & Security Program;
- Mr. Jim Burin of the Flight Safety Foundation;
- Mr. Bob Williams Chair of the Oil & Gas Producers Aviation Sub-Committee, and many others.
like PHI Helicopters, the Airborne Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA), AAMS,
HAC, HAI, FlightSafety International, Sikorsky and Eurocopter will also
be presenting the best practices in aviation safety, human error
management, training and more. Willis group will be facilitating an
interactive workshop on "How a Small Operator can Reduce Insurance
Premiums", which will include representatives from approximately a
dozen Aviation Underwriters.
note speaker for this Summit will be the engaging Sergei Sikorsky, who
will share his visual "Reflections of a Pioneer" at the Summit dinner.
"It was truly thought-provoking material and all who attended benefited considerably.
I learned a great deal." 2007 Delegate, Matt Jennings, Shell