CHC Helicopter a finalist for prestigious honour
May 9, 2013 By Helicopters Magazine
May 9, 2013, Vancouver, B.C. – ACL, together with customer CHC Helicopter, has been selected as a finalist in the "Adoption of Technology" category for this year's BCTIA (British Columbia Technology Industry Association) Technology Impact Awards.
May 9, 2013, Vancouver, B.C. – ACL, together with customer CHC
Helicopter, has been selected as a finalist in the "Adoption of Technology"
category for this year's BCTIA (British Columbia Technology Industry
Association) Technology Impact Awards. ACL was chosen for the way its
cloud-based GRC solution helped CHC Helicopter, the world's largest helicopter
services company, streamline its business processes and facilitate a more
efficient global workflow.
The theme of the awards, 'BC's Mark on the World', recognizes finalists that are
viewed as innovators in British Columbia across a wide range of technologies,
including enterprise software, telecommunications, hardware, biotechnology, and
As one of only two finalists in the category, ACL technology enabled CHC's
global internal audit team to increase productivity by 15 per cent and cut software
costs by 60 per cent.
CHC has also realized the following benefits:
- Global teamwork through enhanced interaction among CHC's workforce of 4,300 people in 30 countries
- Mobile working on-the-go with native mobile capability
- Click-of-a-button reporting via standardized, automated audit reports
- Quicker workflow and less email, as all communications are now contained within ACL technology
- Reliable, cloud-based availability
- Secure collaboration with external stakeholders who have responded enthusiastically to the new technology
"Congratulations to ACL and CHC Helicopter on their successful collaboration,"
said Bill Tam, president/CEO of BCTIA. "It clearly demonstrates that forging
a home-team advantage and adopting local technology solutions can deliver
significant impact for global organizations like CHC."
Winners will be announced at the 20(th) Anniversary of the Technology Impact
Awards, to be held at the Vancouver Convention Centre-West Building on June