Calgary Base Pilot
posted by Alpine Helicopters on February 11, 2021
Alpine Helicopters, a Western Canadian leader in the helicopter charter industry, is looking for an experienced, energetic leader who will be committed to the Calgary base to fill our new Calgary Base Pilot position.
The Calgary Base Pilot provides assistance to the Base Manager to ensure the success of the Calgary Base operations. The Base Pilot is responsible for conducting base flight operations safely and in accordance with the Company Operations Manual, Rotorcraft Flight Manual and Transport Canada regulations, while also supporting the Base Manager with the coordination of customer quotes and aircraft scheduling. The position will be accountable to the Base Manager for such things as upkeep of operational gear, hanger equipment and the cleanliness of company aircraft.
• Ensure the overall day to day success of the Calgary base operations;
• Support the Calgary base operations and maintenance;
• Participate in growing the Calgary client base;
• Assist the Base Manager; and
• Support other Alpine operations and provide temporary support outside of the Calgary base operations on an as and when needed basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
• Conduct themselves in a professional manner.
• Strong communication and customer relations skills.
• Team player who can work well with the complement of company crew members.
• Punctual for scheduled flights.
• Be available within a reasonable time period when called in for a non scheduled flight (approximately 1 hour).
• Ability to adapt to unusual working hours or working conditions.
• Provide exceptional customer service to all customers and passengers.
Required Education and Experience:
• Valid Transport Canada category 1 medical certificate.
• Canadian Commercial Pilot License Helicopter.
• Restricted Aeronautical Radio Licence.
• Endorsed on the Bell 407 and Bell 206L3 or equivalent.
• 2000 hours flight experience as Pilot in Command.
• Mountain experience is required.
• Extensive wire environment experience required. Candidates should hold an active, “Fly in the Wire and Obstruction Environment & Crew Resource Management” course.
• Provide an acceptable drivers abstract.
• This is a Safety Sensitive Position requiring a confirmed negative Pre-Employment Drug Test.
• Must reside in the Calgary area, within a one hour drive or less, of the Calgary Base or be willing to relocate.
Desirable assets include skills in, but are not limited to Longline, Spray, Mountain, Forestry and Class “D” experience.
Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter to:
Sarah Anstie, Human Resources Manager
We thank-you in advance for your interest. This competition will close at midnight on February 23, 2021.
Alpine Helicopters is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all interested and qualified candidates.