Faculty – Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Structures)
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
posted by Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) on October 18, 2023
Ivany Campus/Aviation Institute
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
School of Trades and Transportation
Continuing Full-time Position: Commencing approximately January 4, 2024
Application deadline is 11:59PM, October 31, 2023. APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO COMPETITION # 2324-18 AT WWW.NSCC.CA/JOBS
The salary scale for NSCC Faculty is based on twelve steps that range from $65,749.90 – $97,299.75. New Faculty may receive up to a maximum of five steps for relevant occupational experience and may receive up to an additional four steps for full-time equivalent years of instructional experience (instructional experience is defined as teaching post-secondary). The maximum a new Faculty can expect to receive is nine steps or $89,097.97.
As a member of the School of Trades and Transportation faculty team, you will:
– Provide theoretical and practical instruction in the Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Structures) program.
– Collaboratively design and deliver educational experiences for a diverse group of learners. This will include preparation, instruction, assessment, and evaluation of students using a broad range of flexible teaching and learning practices and technologies such as Learning Management Systems (e.g., Brightspace) and classroom technology.
– Ensure health and safety practices and procedures are followed in your classroom, shops, and labs.
– Maintain currency with the latest industry practices relevant to your program and to continually develop your understanding of 21st century teaching and learning practices. This position may involve different delivery modalities (e.g., in-class, online, blended online/in-class), off-site instruction and alternate work hours such as weekends and evenings.
– Related duties include but are not limited to academic and career advisement, participating on committees, program marketing, curriculum revision/development through collaborative practice within faculty working groups, supporting, and monitoring work placements, liaising with business and industry, representing the College as required and upholding NSCC policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
– The minimum educational qualification for this position is a valid Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License “S” rating. An individual with a Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License “M” with experience in structures may be considered.
– You have a minimum of five years (full-time equivalent) of recent and related occupational experience in Aircraft Structural Repair, Modification and Fabrication. NOTE: Two years of your training will be counted towards the educational requirements and cannot be included as part of your occupational experience.
– You have extensive knowledge and skilled use of the tools of the trade and the processes to perform duties as assigned.
– You have a clear understanding of Manufacturers and Regulatory Documentation; including SRM, Service Bulletins, Engineering Drawings, etc.
– You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite and email.
– You have demonstrated experience liaising with business and industry in your field.
– You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in support of an exceptional student experience, including multi-media technologies and a variety of platforms that will engage students in online and blended learning.
– Ideally, you have related experience in delivery of educational programs or training to adults.
– Occupational experience that includes experience in providing performance feedback will be considered an asset.
– You have knowledge and experience in applying WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety and occupation-specific safety practices.
– You are comfortable using multi-media technologies and a variety of platforms that will serve to engage students in online and blended learning capacities. The ability to teach effectively in an online/blended environment which includes building knowledge of best practices for the delivery and management of courses delivered whole or in part online, using a course management system to communicate with students and to foster and support a collaborative online learning community with and between students will be an important factor in your success. Candidates who do not have previous online/blended teaching experience must be open to and willing to participate in training for this delivery model.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
– You demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism
– You possess excellent presentation skills and can facilitate content effectively and engagingly to a variety of audiences
– You are known for your superior interpersonal skills and can manage interpersonal relationships and issues effectively
– Your superb team building skills will enable you to develop a positive classroom dynamic and productive collegial relationships
– Your commitment to excellence, to life-long learning and to community involvement make you an ideal candidate for Faculty at NSCC
Apply contact: email@example.com