Faculty, Aircraft Maintenance Technology – Avionics
posted by Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) on December 13, 2022
Ivany Campus/Aviation Institute
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
School of Trades and Transportation
Continuing Full-time Position: Commencing approximately January 3, 2023
Application deadline is 11:59PM, December 15, 2022
Competition No. 2022-483
APPLY HERE: www.nscc.ca/jobs
The salary scale for NSCC Faculty is based on twelve steps that range from $64,469.92 – $95,405.57. New NSCC Faculty may receive up to a maximum of five steps for relevant occupational experience. New NSCC Faculty may receive up to an additional four steps for full-time equivalent years of instructional experience (instructional experience is defined as teaching post-secondary). The maximum a new NSCC Faculty can expect to receive is nine steps or 87,363.46.
What you’ll do…
As a member of the School of Trades and Transportation faculty team, you will provide theoretical and practical instruction in the Aviation Institute AMT (Aircraft Maintenance Technology – avionics) program. Courses may also include mechanical and structures. You will deliver various courses of the program curriculum and participate in course development and program promotion. You may also do curriculum development. You will collaboratively design and deliver educational experiences for a diverse group of learners. This will include preparation, instruction, assessment, and evaluation of students using a broad range of flexible teaching and learning practices and technologies such as Learning Management Systems (e.g. Brightspace) and classroom technology. Related duties include but are not limited to academic and career advisement, participating on committees, program marketing, curriculum revision/development through collaborative practice within faculty working groups, supporting and monitoring work placements, liaising with business and industry, representing the College as required and upholding NSCC policies and procedures. You will also ensure health and safety practices and procedures are followed in your classroom, shops and labs. As a Faculty of NSCC, you will be expected to maintain currency with the latest industry practices relevant to your program and to continually develop your understanding of 21st century teaching and learning practices. This position may involve different delivery modalities (e.g. in-class, online, blended online/in-class), off-site instruction and alternate work hours such as weekends and evenings).
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
– The minimum educational qualification for this position is a valid Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License “E” rating. An individual with a Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License (M1 & M2) that previously held an E rating is also acceptable.
– You have a minimum of five years of recent and related occupational experience in Avionics. Occupational experience that includes experience in a supervisory capacity; evaluating, monitoring, assessing and advising will be considered an asset.
– You have excellent knowledge of aircraft avionics systems including but not limited to communications, navigation, data management, instruments and electrical power distribution systems.
– Avionics shop experience, analogue and digital electronics experience and small aircraft maintenance experience would be considered an asset.
– You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite and email.
– You possess basic internet skills to search for information coupled with internet information skills to evaluate the information you find. Above all, you are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in support of an exceptional student experience.
– You have demonstrated experience liaising with business and industry in your field.
– Ideally, you have related experience in delivery of educational programs or training to adults.
You have knowledge and experience in applying WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety and occupation-specific safety practices.
– You are comfortable using multi-media technologies and a variety of platforms that will serve to engage students in online and blended learning capacities. The ability to teach effectively in an online/blended environment which includes building knowledge of best practices for the delivery and management of courses delivered whole or in part online, using a course management system to communicate with students and to foster and support a collaborative online learning community with and between students will be an important factor in your success. Candidates who do not have previous online/blended teaching experience must be open to and willing to participate in training for this delivery model.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
– You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
– You possess excellent presentation skills and can facilitate content effectively and engagingly to a variety of audiences
– You are known for your superior interpersonal skills and can manage interpersonal relationships and issues effectively
– Your superb team building skills will enable you to develop a positive classroom dynamic and productive collegial relationships
– Your commitment to excellence, to life-long learning and to community involvement make you an ideal candidate for Faculty at NSCC
Apply contact: firstname.lastname@example.org