Operations Manager – Person Responsible for Training (PRT), Aviation (CL5)
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
posted by Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) on September 26, 2023
Ivany Campus/Aviation Institute
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
School of Trades and Transportation
Continuing Full-time Position: Commencing approximately October 23, 2023
Application deadline is 11:59pm, October 5, 2023. APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO COMPETITION # 2023-351 AT WWW.NSCC.CA/JOBS
Salary range: $80,585.64 to $94,806.63 annually
Reporting to the Academic Chair, in collaboration with the Program Coordinator – Quality, School of Trades and Transportation and Academic Development, you will:
– Oversee compliance with the Aviation Institute’s quality assurance system to ensure that training activities, evaluation and record keeping is conducted in accordance with NSCC standards and Transport Canada regulatory requirements (AWM 566) and the approved Training Control Manual (TCM).
– Supervise and provide day-to-day direction to the Aviation Stores Assistant and the Program Assistant.
– Create a welcoming and supportive environment providing support and guidance to students in collaboration with the campus team.
– Oversee the Aviation Institute’s operations including, but not limited to Stores, training assets and equipment operations and maintenance and all health and safety programming and their related shops and labs requirements for Aviation Institute and Ivany Campus as required.
– You may be required to perform limited instructional duties in the Aircraft Maintenance Technology program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE:
– The minimum educational qualification for this position is an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) – E and/or M designation. Certification in quality management would be considered an asset.
– You have a minimum of 6 years (full-time equivalent) of recent and related occupational experience of hands-on experience on aircraft as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME).
– You have a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience leading and managing a team.
– Occupational experience that includes working in a post-secondary environment, or in curriculum development, would be considered an asset.
– Occupational experience that includes quality assurance and quality management systems (QMS) hands-on experience in an aviation setting, preferably in an approved maintenance organization (AMO), would be considered an asset.
– Occupational experience that includes facilitating problem-solving using a root cause corrective action (RCCA) process would be considered an asset.
– You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite and E-mail.
– You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology to create an exceptional student experience.
– Experience in training/facilitation preparation, delivery and evaluation would be considered an asset.
RELEVANT SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
– You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
– You possess excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to interact at all levels of an organization.
– You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction.
– Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment.
– You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in aircraft maintenance.
– You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills.
– You are a strong communicator both written and oral.
– You possess excellent coordination skills.
– You have proven records and information management skills and abilities.
– You have demonstrated strength in supervising, managing and leading a team.
– You are dedicated to life-long learning.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO COMPETITION # 2023-351 AT WWW.NSCC.CA/JOBS
Apply contact: email@example.com