Program Assistant – Aviation
posted by Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) on December 14, 2023
Program Assistant 2 – Aviation (TS10)
Ivany Campus/Aviation Institute
School of Trades and Transportation
Continuing Full-time Position: Commencing approximately January 22, 2024
Application deadline is 11:59PM, January 4, 2024. APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO COMPETITION # 2324-86 AT WWW.NSCC.CA/JOBS.
Salary range: $46,458.01 to $54,559.58 annually
What you’ll do…
Reporting to the Operations Manager-Person Responsible for Training (PRT), you will:
– Assist faculty by overseeing safe work practices, monitoring learners during shop and/or lab activity, overseeing program inventory control procedures and maintaining practices and procedures within the learning environment.
– Assist faculty with practical demonstrations and with the supervision of students working in the shops and on the hangar floor.
– Work with little or no supervision on a variety of assignments often requiring initiative, judgment and decision making.
– Provide a variety of support services for the effective delivery of Aviation programs.
Implement, utilize, and ensure compliance with a preventative maintenance program, under the direction of the Operations Manager-PRT, for shop equipment, training aids and tools located on the hangar floor, stores department and shops.
– Maintain equipment and shops to a high standard of hygiene and safety following the 5S+S standard.
QUALIFICATIONS & OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE:
– The minimum educational qualification for this position is an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License (Journeyperson’s status).
– In addition, you possess training in WHMIS and Occupational Health and Safety regulations as well as Standard First Aid, CPR and discipline relevant safety training, or you have a willingness to obtain within the first year.
– You have a minimum of five years (full-time equivalent) of recent and related occupational industry experience in aircraft maintenance.
– You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite and e-mail.
– You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in advancing your work.
– Experience in training/facilitation preparation, delivery and evaluation would be considered an asset.
RELEVANT SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
– You demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism.
– You possess excellent interpersonal skills and are able to interact at all levels of an organization.
– You are known for your superior customer service skills and can create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction.
– Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment.
– Ability to perform all physical duties of the job as required for the operation and maintenance of the assigned shop(s), tools, and shop equipment.
– Excellent mechanical aptitude and the ability to carry out regular routine maintenance.
– Ability to lead required initiatives and projects.
– Ability to assist faculty with demonstrations.
– You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in modification, rebuilding, and/or restoration of aircraft.
– You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills.
– You are a strong communicator with the ability to provide routine information and answer inquiries.
– You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to coordinating the shop budget for supplies and materials.
– You have proven records and information management skills and abilities related to aircraft defects and rectification.
– You demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence related to the serviceability and appearance of aircraft and related equipment.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO COMPETITION # 2324-86 AT WWW.NSCC.CA/JOBS BY JANUARY 4, 2024.
Apply contact: firstname.lastname@example.org