Rotary Wing Pilot
posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on September 16, 2021
Are you a self-motivated, organized, and people-oriented helicopter pilot looking for a diverse and rewarding career opportunity in an environment that encourages continuous learning and career growth? If so, then consider this exciting opportunity with the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• act as Pilot-in-Command on AS 350 B2 and/or EC 130 B4 single-engine rotary-winged aircraft
• ensure the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft during all phases of flight
• be required to travel away from base, sometimes for extended periods
• be required to work overtime and in adverse conditions
Location: Thunder Bay
How do I qualify?
• You have a valid commercial rotary wing pilot licence.
• You have a valid restricted radio telephone operator’s certificate.
• You have the ability to pass Canadian and U.S. Transport Agency Security Screening.
• You possess a valid passport or have the ability to acquire.
• You have a minimum 2,000 hours’ experience as pilot-in-command on single-engine rotary-winged aircraft.
• You must have the ability to travel out of province.
Technical knowledge and skills:
• You have knowledge of the Canadian Air Regulations (CARs).
• You are proficient in flying AS 350 B2 and/or EC 130 B4, and other single-engine helicopters.
• You are able to become proficient in executive transport, fish planting, vertical reference long line and external load operations, and animal capture.
• You have knowledge of weather, fire behaviour, and suppression strategies and methods.
• You have an understanding of work responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• You have sound judgment and decisiveness in emergency situations.
• You have well developed communication, public relations and report-writing skills.
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code . Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Salary Range: $1,489.57 – $1,811.86 Per Week
• 1 Permanent, 1580 Arthur St W, Thunder Bay, North Region
• The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 168802, by Monday, October 18, 2021. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.