DART certifies R66 Emergency Float System
February 6, 2014 ByCarey Fredericks
Feb. 6, 2014, Hawkesbury, Ont. - DART Aerospace is pleased to announce that it has received the FAA STC approval for its Emergency Float System for the Robinson R66.
Feb. 6, 2014, Hawkesbury, Ont. – DART Aerospace is pleased to announce
that it has received the FAA STC approval for its Emergency Float System
for the Robinson R66.
The new float system designed and manufactured by DART is the only emergency float system currently available on the market and it will allow R66 operators to safely perform over-water operations. The system can be easily retrofitted on in-service R66 aircraft and the float bags can be removed in just a few minutes for missions that do not require floats. "Beyond the superior performance of the DART floats as an emergency water landing system for the R66, the fact that they can be quickly removed if additional weight savings are needed is a big plus for our customers" explains Sean T. Casey, Director of Operations at Atlanta-based Rotorcorp LLC.
“The market has been very responsive so far for this new product and DART has already received close to 20 launch orders from various customers around the world,” said Alain Madore, Vice-President, Sales and Marketing at DART Aerospace. “We made sure to keep the needs of end users in mind during the development phase of this new product. We designed a system that can be easily installed on in-service aircraft.”
The first kits were successfully delivered at the end of January. A total of six launch customers including Air Shasta, Florida Suncoast Helicopters and Rotorcorp LLC will receive their systems during the next few weeks.
The Transport Canada (TCCA) and Brazilian (ANAC) certifications are expected shortly.
- Affordable system for all R66 operators
- Easy retrofit on in-service R66 aircraft
- Plug-and-play floats that can be quickly removed in 30 minutes for overland operations
- Compatible with the existing ground handling wheels
- Optimized floor space with reservoir assembly installed in the ceiling of the baggage compartment
- Exchange program available to reduce downtime
- Manufactured from lightweight urethane-coated nylon with durable covers
- Reservoir made of aluminum with a carbon fiber and fiberglass wrap to reduce the risk of corrosion
- Stainless steel valve to reduce the risk of corrosion
- Optional skidtube extension available to convert the standard skidgear to accept the Aft float
- Lacing panel included to facilitate the repackaging of the floats