DART to launch ceiling panels for AW139
April 23, 2013 By Carey Fredericks
April 23, 2013, Hawkesbury, Ont. - DART Aerospace has announced the launch of its new Lightweight Interior Ceiling Panels for the AW139 aircraft.
This new member of the interior accessories product family is another one of DART’s cost-effective, weight-saving solutions designed specifically to reduce weight by 45lbs over conventional OEM panels. DART's lightweight panels provide operators with increased flexibility to carry extra payload such as passengers, cargo and/or fuel! DART’s Lightweight Interior Ceiling Panels received approvals from Transport Canada and FAA. EASA approval is expected shortly.
The Lightweight Interior Ceiling Panels is designed to replace the existing OEM ceiling panels and is manufactured with quality, engineered aerospace grade material. DART’s innovative design is composed of three removable center panels and two side panels which are hinged and drop down for easy maintenance access. The streamlined construction provides more headroom and improves the air flow distribution for center passengers..
• 45-lb (20.4 kg) weight reduction over conventional OEM system
• Easier access for maintenance
• More headroom for outboard passengers
• No change to cabin noise levels (tested)
• Improved quality of audio system
• Modern, low power LED lights that reduce current draw by at least 3A
• Kit includes: 3 center panels, 2 side panels, speakers, LED lighting, air conditioning tubing
• Pre-cut for temperature sensor and emergency lights installation
Print this page