Eurocopter Canada celebrates 25 years of success
April 2, 2009 – With over 500 aircraft currently in use, Eurocopter Canada marked 25 years of providing quality customer service and technology to the Canadian helicopter industry during the Canadian Helicopter Association’s annual conference and tradeshow.
With over 500 aircraft currently in use, Eurocopter Canada marked 25 years of providing quality customer service and technology to the Canadian helicopter industry during the Canadian Helicopter Association’s annual conference and tradeshow. With a cross-country presence, Eurocopter Canada provides continuous customer service and aircraft to various Canadian business sectors, while working to support Canada’s helicopter industry through the creation of new jobs.
“We have a rich history of service and success in Canada’s helicopter industry,” said Pierre MacDonald, chairman of the board, Eurocopter Canada. “We’re proud to be able to celebrate that success here today with our customers and partners who have made substantial contributions.”
Over the past 25 years, Eurocopter Canada has worked with regional and national law enforcement agencies, corporate customers, government and utility operators to supply, operate and maintain the 540 Eurocopter aircraft currently registered in Canada.
“Our customers are a very important partner in our success,” said Marie-Agnès Vève, president and CEO for Eurocopter Canada Limited. “The entire Eurocopter Canada team joins me in thanking our customers for their continuous support of our products and services over the years.”
Some of the major milestones and achievements include:
· Delivery of the first of 16 BO105’s in1985 to the Canadian Coast Guard;
· Canadian certification of the Twinstar and AS350 B2 was achieved in 1990;
· Delivery of the first AS350 B3 to The Royal Canadian Mounted Police in 1998;
· Delivery of the first EC120 in 2001;
· Delivery of the first EC130 B4 in 2004;
· Delivery of the 400th aircraft an EC130 B4 was made to Great Slave Helicopters in 2006;
· Canadian certification of the EC135 & EC145 aircraft was achieved in 2007;
· Delivery of the first EC135 was made to Vancouver Island Helicopters in December of 2007;
· Canadian certification of the AS355 NP was achieved in 2008;
· Delivery of the 500th aircraft an AS355 NP was made to Phoenix Heli-Flight in 2008;
· Vancouver Island Helicopters is the Canadian Launch customer for the EC175 program, HAI 2008;
· Eurocopter Canada expanded their facilities in 2008 almost doubling the size of its footprint; and
· Eurocopter Group endorses Canadian Helicopters Ltd. Advanced Mountain training program, HAI 2009.
“Innovation is the cornerstone of our business,” said Marie-Agnès Vève. “The Eurocopter group is committed to developing new technology to make our products safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly.”
With the new generation EC175 helicopter originally unveiled at Heli-Expo in 2008, Eurocopter Canada will be introducing aircraft equipped with new features designed to reduce pilot workload while improving pilot precision and overall safety. The maiden flight is slated for the end of 2009. Presently, two Canadian Eurocopter customers, Vancouver Island Helicopters and VilleneuveHélicoptères Ltéehave already signed agreements for the EC175.
Eurocopter Canada Limited (www.eurocopter.ca) is a subsidiary of Eurocopter. Eurocopter Canada – based in Fort Erie, Ontario – has a customer support network that spans the entire country. Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a Division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace, defence and related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approx. 15,600 people. In 2008, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer in the civil and parapublic market, with a turnover of 4.5 billion Euros, orders for 715 new helicopters, and a 53 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Group’s products account for 30 percent of the total world helicopter fleet. Its strong worldwide presence is ensured by its 18 subsidiaries on five continents, along with a dense network of distributors, certified agents and maintenance centres. More than 10,000 Eurocopter helicopters are currently in service with over 2,800customers in more than 140 countries. Eurocopter offers the largest civil and military helicopter range in the world.
For more information, please contact:
Tel : (905) 871-7772
Cel : (905) 217-7738
Tel : + 33 (0)4 42 85 60 51
Cel : + 33 (0)6 72 83 90 67
Tel: + 49 (0) 89 60 00 64 88
Mob.: + 49 (0) 151 14 22 92 43
Tel : + 33 (0) 4 42 85 17 13
Cel : + 33 (0) 6 28 82 12 06