Safety & Training
Eurocopter Canada to honour innovators in safety
February 2, 2012 By Carey Fredericks
Feb. 2, 2012, Fort Erie, Ont. - Eurocopter Canada Limited (ECL) will identify the best in class with its 2011 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’. The award was established to help strengthen the industry’s understanding of superior safety practices and initiatives by recognizing a group, company, organization or agency that utilizes an exceptional or ground-breaking approach toward rotary wing safe flying operations.
“ECL’s ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ is a testimony of professionalism and innovation found in Canadian business rotary wing operations,” said Guy Joannes, president and CEO, ECL. “We are delighted to acknowledge the skilfulness and overall ability of an organization’s management, maintenance, pilot and support personnel teams to help generate greater awareness of effective safety practices.”
The award will be given to a nominee whose business initiatives have demonstrated a great impact on the overall goal of safe flying operations, as recognized by examining skill development, training and any additional resources.
The winner of the ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ will be chosen through a committee selection process from a pool of nominations received during the 2011 calendar year. The award presentation will take place at the Helicopter Association of Canada annual conference, March 16th – 18th in Ottawa.
To be eligible, nominees must:
· Be a Canadian-owned organization, group, company, agency or resident of Canada
· Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety over an extended period of time (three years or longer)
· Successful completion of a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry
· An outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry
Nominee Applications must include the following information:
· Name of the Nominee
· Recommended Company/ Organization’s Name
· Reason for nomination (provide as much detail as possible to meet eligibility criteria)
The award recipient will receive a plaque, certificate of recognition co-signed by the award committee and cash award.
2011 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application deadline: Friday, February 24th, 2012
Print this page