GPS capability added to the Bambi Bucket with innovative new device
January 8, 2008 By Corrie
Jan. 8, 2008, Delta, B.C. – SEI Industries Ltd. announces the release of the GPS Drop Controller, a bucket add-on device providing a host of exclusive features that allow pilots a new level of control and accuracy in firefighting.
Jan. 8, 2008, Delta, B.C. – SEI Industries Ltd. announces the release of the GPS Drop Controller, a bucket add-on device providing a host of exclusive features that allow pilots a new level of control and accuracy in firefighting for the Bambi, Aqualanche and Torrentula buckets.
This innovation marks a milestone in aerial firefighting by pairing GPS technology with advanced water drop management. The GPS Drop Controller adds value to firefighting efforts by allowing for dramatically improved detail for post-mission analysis, as well as unprecedented precision in aerial bucketing operations.
The GPS Drop controller offers pilots five core reporting and water management features depending on model:
- GPS reporting – provides location data for each water drop and pickup
- Bucket data recording – creates downloadable mission reports including drop times, locations, and quantities
- Electronic load control – maximizes fuel cycles by electronically managing water loads
- Coverage control – enables pilots to specify optimum water drop density for any type of fire
- Preset split drops – allows drop patterns to be set in advance and rapidly executed
Versions of the GPS Drop Controller are available for the Bambi, Torrentula, and Aqualanche buckets.
See the GPS Drop Controller in the Bambi Bucket exhibit at HAI’s Heli-Expo in Houston Texas, from February 24th to 26th 2008 – Booth 2323 and static display space #32.
Print this page