Growth prospects in the global military market: TD Waterhouse
By TD Waterhouse
By TD Waterhouse
The Global Demand for Military Helicopters is likely to witness a spurt over near to medium term driven a number of drivers and favourable factors, which include, rapidly evolving global geopolitical dynamics & equations marked by increasing threat from extremism, terrorism, resurgence of conventional state based threats, compounding nature of overall threat perception, political instability across some regions and withering down of traditional, rule based world order.
These drivers are all cumulatively likely to drive the demand for military helicopters significantly going forward with a key capability role likely to be performed by these machines with their unique capabilities, especially, for anti-insurgency bound missions, anti-submarine warfare (ASW) & for special forces based operations.
The traditionally significant role of military helicopters in the force structure of armed forces globally, thus, is bound to grow and expand further over medium term with the emerging global scenario. Additionally, technological evolution with the development of next generation compound helicopter designs and quad tilt-rotorcrafts has already heralded the advent of a new era that is likely to witness a significant expansion of the operational spectrum, capabilities & performance threshold of these machines as against traditional helicopters which is likely to eventually transform and redefine their role besides enhancing overall effectiveness for conducting a wide range of military missions & operations while offering optimized operating costs and total cost of ownership. Thus, the medium to long term view of the global military helicopter market is promising with presence of strong fundamentals and long term, sustainable growth drivers & enablers.
The demand and acquisition scenario for military helicopters is likely to witness a surge with improving defense budgetary scenario across most global markets fuelled by ongoing geopolitical conflicts across some regions and increasing threat perception. Global Defense spending, thus, is likely to witness a slight to moderate uptick over near to medium term globally driven a combination of favourable factors emanating from both demand as well as the supply side.
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to spearhead global demand for military helicopters over the next decade with a number of states poised to replace their ageing helicopter platforms as they expand military capabilities to counter growing threat, assertiveness and military build-up by Russia and China.
A number of nations in the region have already initiated or are in the process of pursuing large scale, long-term, scratch-up military helicopter development & production programs worth billions in collaboration with international OEMs, led by South Korea, Japan and India. Amongst traditional markets, Europe is already focusing on expanding capabilities & working towards plugging existing capability gaps through acquisition of military hardware along-with active pursuit of joint development programs. In the United States, large, big ticket defense programs, especially, the Joint Multi Role – Future Vertical Lift (JMR-FVL) is likely to hold the key given the scale, strategic nature & the overall magnitude of the opportunity which the program is likely to create for the industry over long term.
The report provides comprehensive insights and analysis into the global military helicopter market with focus on a blend of quantitative & qualitative analysis. Part 1 of the report analyzes the current market size, drivers & competitive landscape for military helicopters. Part 2 provides detailed analysis on key industry OEMs, including, profiles & product portfolio snapshot, financial analysis, SWOT framework analysis, strategy focus and key insights into the strategies & plans of these OEMs. Part 3 projects the market evolution through 2025 with demand growth projections, analysis of key market & technological trends, issues & challenges, potential growth opportunities and demand outlook for military helicopters over the next decade.
• Uptick in Global Defense Spending likely over near to medium term with Improving Defense Budgetary Scenario
• Changing Nature and Growing Complexity of Threats, Evolving Geo-Political Dynamics and Technological Generational Leap to collectively Drive Demand for Military Helicopters over near to medium term
• Asia-Pacific region to Spearhead and lead Demand Growth for Military Helicopters over Medium Term
• Airbus Helicopters’ renewed focus on the Military Helicopter business amid significant pressures on the civil helicopter segment and growing strategic focus on the Asia-Pacific region with active pursuit of large scale, scratch up joint development programs
• Analysis of Bell’s growing focus on international exports of military helicopters led by the V-22 & H1 platforms along with active pursuit of an innovation led product development & product differentiation strategy
• Insights into latest plans by Finmeccanica Helicopters to penetrate the U.S. Military Helicopter Market
• Growing preference for Multi-Role Helicopters instead of Dedicated, Mission Specific Platforms
• Increasing Demand for & Utilization of Common, Configurable Platforms across Military & Civil Helicopter segments
• Analysis of the Development & Emergence of Active Protection Systems for Military Helicopters
• Strong Growth projections for Services & MRO activity over medium term amid Increasing fleet utilization & preference for helicopter modernization and upgrade
Relevance and Usefulness
The report will be useful for:
• Inputs for Strategic Planning, Assessment & Decision-Making Processes
• Identification of Insights into Potential Growth Opportunities & Avenues
• Near to Medium Term Market Outlook, Inputs on Market Evolution and Growth Projections
• Analysis of Emerging Market, Sector-specific & Technology Trends
• Contingency planning for current Strategies & Programs
• Identifying & highlighting areas for making potential Strategic Changes, Adjustments & Realignment
• Analysis of Forces Driving as well as restraining the Industry & their overall Dynamics
The report will be essential for those having strategic interest in the Global Military Helicopter Market. The report will be especially useful for Key Decision-Makers, Program Managers, Military Procurement Managers, Defense Contracting Executives & Departments, Top Management of Industry Players & Other Companies, Industry OEMs, Suppliers, Vendors, MRO Services Providers, Helicopter Operators, Flight Simulator Manufacturers and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain. The report will also be useful for existing & potential Investors, Industry & Company Analysts, M&A Advisory Firms, Strategy & Management Consulting Firms, PE Firms, Venture Capitalists, Financing & Leasing Companies, Researchers and all those associated with the industry.