Manitoba parents sue STARS following medical call
August 1, 2013 By The Canadian Press
Aug. 1, 2013, Winnipeg - Parents of a toddler left brain-damaged after an air ambulance flight have filed a lawsuit against the air service and a
physician who treated the boy.
Morgan Moar-Campbell, 2, was flown from Brandon to Winnipeg aboard a Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society helicopter May 2 for tests following a seizure.
Doctors at Brandon Regional Health Centre put Morgan into an induced coma, which meant he couldn't breathe on his own, requiring the insertion of a breathing tube.
That tube was discovered pulled out after the helicopter landed in Winnipeg.
In a statement of claim, the boy's parents, Emily Moar and Blair Campbell, say the tube's dislodgement went unnoticed by the ambulance service's nurse, and their son was left unattended during part of the flight.
Statements of claim contain allegations that have not been proven in court.