Maxcraft gets FAA STC for Garmin GNS on Sikorsky S76 A/C
December 2, 2015 By Maxcraft Avionics
Maxcraft Avionics has announced that they have received FAA Validation of their Transport Canada STC SH04-41 (FAA STC SR03573NY) for installation of the Garmin GNS or GTN Series Navigators in the Sikorsky S76A/C series of rotorcraft.
The applicability of this package has now expanded to include GNS WAAS and GTN Navigators as well as all flavours of Honeywell EDZ-705/756 EFIS, and SPZ-7000 or SPZ-7600 DDAFCS Systems.
The GNS()/GTN Navigators are ideally suited for the Sikorsky S76A & C rotorcraft, offering a integrated VHF-COM transceiver , VOR/ILS receiver, as well as GPS En-route, Terminal and non- precision GPS Approach capability. When coupled with a reliable integration to the aircraft, considerable panel and console space is recovered.
To date, seven different integration configurations have been developed:
- GPS500() in S76() w/ EDZ‐756, SPZ‐7600 & Honeywell Avionics
- GPS500()/GNS530() w/ EDZ‐756, SPZ‐7600 & Collins Avionics
- GPS500()/GNS530() w/ EDZ‐705 (SG‐705), SPZ‐7600 & Collins Avionics
- GNS530() w/ EDZ‐756, SPZ‐7600 & Honeywell Avionics & Wulfsberg DME
- Dual GPS500W w/ EDZ‐756, SPZ‐7600 & Honeywell SR‐850 Primus Radio System
- GTN750 w/ EDZ‐705 (SG‐700), SPZ‐7000 & Collins Avionics
- GTN725/750 w/ EDZ‐756, SPZ‐7600 & Collins Avionics
- Russian Helicopters deliver first Arctic helicopter to Russia’s defence ministry
- Swiss-Air-Rescue’s “Project Icebird” flies high with three new AW169s