Sept. 11, 2008, Schenectady – A new multi-channel high speed digital wireless telemetry system for demanding dynamic applications such as gas/ steam turbines, aerospace and other needs is now available from Accumetrics Associates, Inc.
Called the AT-7400, the new system – based on a standardized,
expandable “building block” system architecture – replaces sliprings
for reliable sensor data transfer off of rotating structures and
provides high bandwidth and high resolution needed for:
· turbine blade data,
· torsional vibration,
· pressure sensor data,
· noise and vibration ,
· engine monitoring, and
· high speed bearing research
Building on and extending the proven technology of Accumetrics’ AT-7000 system, the AT-7400 provides:
· Sensor inputs for dynamic and static strain gages, pressure sensors, RTD’s, thermocouples,
differential voltages/ currents.
· Scalable architecture: from 1 to over 600 sensor inputs.
· Auto-balancing of sensor bridges.
· Simultaneous sampling on all channels.
· Demonstrated aggregate sampling rates of over 3 megasamples/sec (continuous throughput of well
over 50 megabits per second) using sixteen 3.58Mbps data streams.
· Internal (time-based) or external (RPM or rotor azimuth-based) clock sampling.
· 16 bit resolution for all dynamic channels.
· Anti-alias filtering and digitizing on the rotor.
· Digital data transmission off the rotating shaft.
· Ethernet data output from remote receivers for high volume data transmission and signal
· Robust digital data that is EMI resistant.
Sensor signals collected by the AT-7400 are amplified, anti-alias
filtered (10th order linear phase, with user controlled filter cutoff
frequency) and 16-bit digitized while on the rotor. All channels are
simultaneously sampled, avoiding data skewing errors. Data streams of
digital pulse code modulation data are transferred off rotor by short
range RF transmission. The digital data streams are carried by coaxial
cables to remote receiver(s) which present data to users via Ethernet,
analog, or other output formats. Software is provided with the AT-7400
system for control and data archiving.
Accumetrics Associates supplies advanced digital rotor telemetry
equipment to manufacturers and users of rotating machinery throughout
the world. By adapting advanced aerospace technology to rotating
machines, Accumetrics has become a worldwide technological leader and
has established alliances with leading manufacturers of motors,
generators, and turbomachinery. Accumetrics’ product offerings range
from highly sophisticated digital telemetry systems with hundreds of
channels to simple, low-cost devices that monitor and protect rotor
Accumetrics introduces high-resolution/high-bandwidth multi-channel digital telemetry system
Canada to deploy up to four Griffons to support NATOCanadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at the NATO Summit in…
Ukraine to purchase 55 Airbus helicoptersAirbus Helicopters signed a contract with the Ukrainian Ministry of…
HBR issues RFP for railway inspection via helicopterHudson Bay Railway has issued an RFP, through its engineering…
Helicopter-led Stardust survey completed in BCSun Metals Corp. completed a 1,103 km helicopter-borne Versatile Time…
2018 Canadian International Air Show
September 1-3, 2018
2018 CHC Safety & Quality Summit
October 2-4, 2018
October 16-18, 2018
Helitech International 2018
October 16-18, 2018
HAC 2018 Convention and Trade Show
November 1-3, 2018