2017 HAC Convention and Trade Show ready to shine
The 2017 Helicopter Association convention and trade show goes Nov. 9-11 in Ottawa and this year’s theme “Advancing Safety in Challenging Economic Circumstances” is fitting considering operators are striving for ways to survive and thrive in challenging market conditions.
HAC is stepping up its safety offerings this year partially in light of the relocation of the CHC Safety & Quality conference. CHC moved the popular safety event from Vancouver closer to its home base of Dallas, Tx. The event also moved to the end of September from its usual springtime slot.
Building around its theme, one day of this year’s HAC educational lineup will be dedicated solely to safety. The association is also bringing in a number of heavy hitters to share their insights on improving the safety spectrum. Some of this year’s key presenters include:
• Dr. Scott Shappell, department chair and professor of human factors from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
• Graham Braithwaite, director of transport systems, professor of safety and accident investigation at Cranfield University.
Additional speakers and educational sessions worth checking out from this year’s program include:
• Fatigue Management Systems 101, presented by Transport Canada’s Rosalie Kamp
• Letting the Helicopter Air Taxi Accidents Speak for Themselves, Kathy Fox, Chair Transportation Safety Board of Canada
• Sharing the Sky with UAVs, Mark Aruja, Chair, Unmanned Systems Canada
• Significant Developments in Labour Relations for Helicopter Operators, Steven Williams, Emond Hamden LLP
For more information on the event, see www.h-a-c.ca/convention.html
Sikorsky S-97 Raider exceeds 200 knotsLockheed Martin reports the Sikorsky S-97 Raider light tactical prototype…
Wild and Wet, SAR hoist training in Nova ScotiaHigh winds spin the basket stretcher and rescue specialist as…
Rodyniuk named CEO of West Wind AviationMichael Rodyniuk becomes chief executive officer, president and accountable executive…
H225M surpasses 100,000 flight hoursThe Airbus H225M, with 88 such aircraft currently in service…
October 16-18, 2018
Helitech International 2018
October 16-18, 2018
HAC 2018 Convention and Trade Show
November 1-3, 2018