Oil & Gas
Omni Táxi Aéreo implements offshore service measures for COVID-19
April 2, 2020 By Helicopters Staff
Omni Táxi Aéreo of Rio de Janeiro has adapted its procedures for operations with the offshore energy community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Operating a fleet of 60 helicopters, Omni Táxi Aéreo (OTA) describes itself as Brazil’s largest and most diversified helicopter operator.
An essential part of the world’s energy infrastructure, Brazil’s offshore installations include more than 140 active offshore units contributing 93 per cent of Brazil’s oil-and-gas output. Each unit, explains OTA, requires up to 200 professionals for safe operation.
To provide safe service under the current environment, Omni has undertaken the following measures:
• Established an Omni Health Team including medical professionals working 24/7 monitoring our organization´s health status, adjusting to disruptions, dispatching and monitoring COVID-19 evacuation flights, and communicating with customers in real time;
• Employing a medical professional to assess and screen all passengers on all flights, without exception;
• Re-configured four AW139 and S76C helicopters strategically based in Macae and Rio de Janeiro, each with a dedicated medical professional, to screen,monitor, ensure proper separation protocols, and debrief each COVID-19 mission with the Omni Health Team;
• Instituted frequent deep cleaning and disinfection procedures with dedicated oversight for all bases and aircraft;
• Established and constantly improving a ‘fit-for-purpose’ personal protective equipment policy for key personnel; and
• Made its ATR-42 available (with updated COVID-19 separation procedures) to transport workers between Macae, Cabo Frio, and Rio de Janeiro at a time of highly disrupted air and road travel.
“These measures are designed to provide reassurance and the highest quality of care to our employees, our customers and their families at this critical time,” said Roberto Coimbra, CEO of Omni Táxi Aéreo. “During this period of uncertainty, our entire team is committed to providing safe and comprehensive service to keep the offshore community going.”
Print this page