TC approves Dart Quick Release Step
Nov. 29, 2011, Oceanside, Ca. - DART Helicopter Services (DHS) is pleased to announce Transport Canada approval of DART Aerospace’s Ltd. (DAS) Quick Release Heli-Access-Step for the Bell 206L/L1/L3/L4 and 407 series of aircraft. FAA and EASA approvals are pending.
By Carey Fredericks
he Quick Release Heli-Access-Step™ installs easily to existing Quick Release Heli-Utility-Basket™ mounts. The step can be quickly mounted by one person without the use of tools and is approved to be flown with or without the basket installed.
• Approved to be flown with or without the basket installed
• Installation by one person without tools
• May be installed LH or RH
• Useable by pilot, passengers, and maintenance personnel
The new PATENT PENDING Quick Release Heli-Utility-Baskets for the 206L and 407 Series aircraft feature an innovative mounting system that allows one person to quickly install or remove the basket in less than one minute without the need for tools (after initial installation). The basket includes quick release mounting provisions and, for enhanced safety, replacement crosstube saddles designed specifically to allow for the mounting of a basket. The flat bottom of this square concept basket will easily accommodate many types of cargo including skis. Two lid options are available; sturdy expanded stainless steel which allows it to act also as a work platform or, for additional weight savings, with fabric mesh. Additional mounting kits are available to allow baskets to be quickly moved to other aircraft.
• The patent pending quick release mounting system allows the basket to be installed/removed by one person in under one minute
• Heavy duty lid configuration that can carry 250 lbs
• Light duty lid configuration that can carry 265 lbs
• LH or RH installation
• Does not require push out windows or hardpoint installation
• No Vne restrictions
• Optional customizable cut-outs in base
“Earlier this year, we brought a quick release basket for the 206L and 407 Series aircraft to market and we’re pleased to have added a quick release step that not only takes seconds to install but can be left installed with the basket for flight,” said Bill Beckett, DART VP Canadian Operations.