Call for papers issued for CHC Safety & Quality Summit
October 30, 2013 ByCarey Fredericks
Oct. 30, 2013, Vancouver - The call for papers for the 2014 CHC Safety & Quality Summit has been released.
Industry professionals interested in presenting at the CHC Safety & Quality Summit may now submit abstracts for the event. The 10th annual summit will be held March 31- April 2 at the Westin Bayshore Resort and Marina in Vancouver.
The 2014 summit will explore topics relevant to the theme "Safety & Quality in the Real Word: Turning Theory into Best Practice." Most sessions during the three-day conference will be for 90 minutes, though some subjects may span one-half of or an entire day. Audiences typcially include 50 people or more.
The submission form for papers is available at www.chcsafetyqualitysummit.com.
Confirmed speakers for the summit include:
• Dr. Graham Braithwaite, Cranfield University, head, Department of Air
• Dr. Bill Johnson, chief scientific and technical advisor at the U.S.
Federal Aviation Administration
• Dr. Scott A. Shappell and Dr. Douglas A. Wiegmann, co-developers of the
Human Factors Analysis and Classification System, HFACS Inc.
• Kevin Baines, managing director, Baines Simmons Limited
• Mick Adams, managing, commercial and finance director, Monarch
Submissions should include proposed session titles, descriptions or outlines, objectives and audience benefits, presenter bibliographies and contact details. Relevant topics may include:
• Integrity and Management
• Compliance Monitoring
• Technology and Safety Methods of Training
• Crisis Management
• Organizational Leadership and Viability
• Fatigue Risk Management
• Human Factors
• Risk Assessment and Hazard Management
• Human Error Management
• Flight Data Monitoring
• Organizational Causes of Accidents
• Sustaining and Improving Industry Safety
• Management System for Reducing Safety Risk and Business Risk
• Safety Management Tools
• Crew Resource Management
• Practical Tools