Dart’s Aft Facing Seats
By Melissa Damota
|Dart's Aft Facing Seats (2×2) for Bell 205/212/412 aircraft.|
April 22, 2009 – Dart Helicopter Services has announced that their affiliated partner Dart Aerospace Ltd., has received FAA approval of their Aft Facing Seats (2×2) for Bell 205/212/412 aircraft. Transport Canada approval was received in August 2008. EASA approval is pending.
The Dart Aft Facing 2×2 Place Seats are direct replacements for OEM aft facing utility seating and install easily into existing floor provisions. The seats come fully assembled and include headrests and seat belt rings. The 2 place seats may be installed together or individually for maximum versatility. Each 2 place seat may be installed on one side or in the center of the aircraft.
The lightweight frame is powder coated. Seat pans are manufactured from a durable, high strength, impact resistant aerospace grade thermoformed alloy that cleans easily with mild detergent and does not require any fire retardant treatment. Seat pans and backs are independently replaceable and are easily removed and reinstalled without seat frame disassembly. When ordered as spares, the seat backs and pans are LH/RH interchangeable.
Additional benefits of this product:
- Includes headrests and seatbelt rings
- Quick installation and removal (snaps into existing provisions)
- Easy to replace, no need to disassemble seat for replacements
- Replacement backs and bottoms are LH/RH interchangeable
- Easy to clean, no need to send away for fire retardant treatment
- Compatible with a variety of DART shoulder harness kits (required for installation on US registered aircraft)
- Shipped pre-assembled
- Versatile (multiple configurations for 2 or 4 person requirements)
"With our 2×2 Aft Facing Seats, Dart has addressed the issues of the original design. The Dart seats are more durable, versatile, and are easier to use and replace." Quote Bill Beckett, General Manager, Dart Aerospace Ltd.