Safety & Training
HAI creating new Rotor Safety Challenge Education Program
Aug. 1, 2012, Alexandria, Va. - Helicopter Association International (HAI), in collaboration with the HAI Safety Committee, is developing the HAI Rotor Safety Challenge, a new education initiative that debuts at HELI-EXPO 2013 in Las Vegas, Nev.
By Carey Fredericks
Open to all HELI-EXPO attendees, the Rotor Safety Challenge will feature free safety events and short courses, conveniently scheduled on show days, and will provide a forum for helicopter professionals to learn industry best practices and to:
- Identify key safety issues facing helicopter professionals
- Expand their knowledge of safety concepts and professional skills
- Discover tools and techniques to improve safety performance
- Prepare for safety challenges facing different segments of the industry
- Engage in discourse concerning different helicopter professions
- Identify emerging safety issues relevant to helicopter professionals
- Earn professional education credit toward the FAA Wings and AMT programs
HAI invites all industry experts and educators interested in presenting at the Rotor Safety Challenge to submit a proposal for a 60-minute educational course to be delivered during the show at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Safety presentations will be scheduled on March 5 and 6, 2013, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., and on March 7, 2013, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
HAI seeks proposals for courses to include in the program that address safety topics and challenges in a clear and thoughtful manner from all segments of the rotorcraft industry, and representing all helicopter professions. HAI is particularly interested in receiving proposals for courses that are interactive, speak to timely industry issues or trends, and that provide practical tools and techniques attendees can apply at work for improved safety performance.