Safety & Training
Helicopter Association of Canada is currently seeking a President/CEO
May 5, 2008 - Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the HAC President/CEO may be a home-based position which may be located anywhere in Canada.
The Helicopter Association of Canada is currently seeking a President/CEO. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the HAC President/CEO may be a home-based position which may be located anywhere in Canada. Preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
The President/CEO will have the following duties and responsibilities:
o Represent the best interests of HAC members and industry;
o Develop and maintain strategic plans to advance the association’s mission, values and objectives;
o Executive management of corporation business, HAC office staff and committees;
o Continued development and maintenance of membership services;
o Provide members with advice on regulatory issues;
o Liaise directly with a variety of federal and provincial regulatory agencies;
o Develop and maintain the association’s rapport with Corporate Sponsors;
o Management of HAC conventions and trade shows;
o Develop and maintain governance procedures, policies and standards;
o Present reports to the Board of Directors as required, and to membership at AGM’s;
o Other duties, projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
o The candidate must be self-motivated with extensive knowledge of the Canadian Helicopter Industry and possess excellent organizational and communication skills. The ideal candidate would have flight operations and/or maintenance experience, be conversant with CAR’s and government processes.
* Experience in strategic planning and execution. Experience in formulating policy, developing and implementing new strategies and procedures. Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources effectively. Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
* Knowledge of public relations principles and practices. Knowledge of communication and public relation techniques. Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
* Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse industry.
* Ability to motivate and simultaneously manage several projects.
* Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and be willing to travel extensively on short notice.
Please submit curriculum vitae to the Chairman of the Board
Submission closing date May 15, 2008
Randy Simonneau: email@example.com
Site 2, Box 97, RR1
St Albert, Alberta, T8N 1M8