Honeywell fleet tracking system certified for new platforms
February 25, 2014 ByCarey Fredericks
Feb. 25, 2014, Anaheim, Ca. - Sky Connect Tracker III is the first system that enables simultaneous worldwide automated tracking, text messaging and voice capabilities to improve crew and passenger safety and increase aircraft availability. The all-in-one voice, text and tracking system from Honeywell Aerospace has received FAA Supplemental Type Certificates for the Sikorsky S-76, AgustaWestland AW139 and Airbus AS350 rotorcraft platforms.
“Sky Connect Tracker maintains voice, text and tracking communications for thousands of aircraft operated worldwide and is now expanding its services for three key helicopter platforms,” said Paul West, sales director at Honeywell Aerospace. “Sky Connect Tracker III provides helicopter operators with the crucial information to keep their fleet safe and efficient. Our dual redundant servers currently handle more than 5 million tracking, text and telemetry messages each month, and we expect this number to grow as more customers realize that Sky Connect Tracker III is the best solution for Iridium-based asset tracking and connectivity needs.”
Using the Iridium satellite network, Sky Connect Tracker III allows for real-time communication in situations such as:
- Alerting ground personnel and crew if an aircraft deviates from a planned flight path
- Providing alerts if an aircraft enters a restricted area
- Real-time notification of maintenance needs to ensure that the correct maintenance personnel are on hand to perform checks upon landing
- Maximizing efficiency of flight operations by tracking the location of the entire fleet at any time
- Close monitoring of when, where and how an aircraft is flown for aircraft leasing operations
Honeywell Aerospace is exhibiting at Heli-Expo 2014 in Anaheim, Calif., Feb. 24–27, 2014. To learn more about Sky Connect Tracker III and other systems to enhance the safety and efficiency of your fleet, visit with Honeywell at Booth #6502.