Safety & Training
IHST releases schedule for safety symposium
February 6, 2014 By Carey Fredericks
Feb. 6, 2014, Alexandria, Va. - The International Helicopter Safety Team (IHST) has released the full program for its seventh worldwide helicopter symposium for safety professionals. The event takes place on Feb. 27-28 at the Anaheim Convention Center immediately following the close of Heli-Expo 2014.
The theme of the symposium is “Self-Discipline and Personal Responsibility” and it is open to all aviation safety professionals and all within the worldwide helicopter community. Feature speakers and presenters include:
· Keynote speech: U.S. National Transportation Safety Board member Robert L. Sumwalt
· Question and Answer session: Sumwalt and members of the IHST Executive Committee
· Keynote speech: Robinson Helicopter Company CEO Kurt Robinson
· European update: Stefan Becker, Rega
· United States update: Bill Chiles, Bristow Group, and Jim Viola, FAA
· Brazil update: Bruno Villela, IHST Brazil co-chair
· Global regional partner roundtable: moderated by Bob Sheffield, IHST Director
· “Going Down, Downtown, the Story of a Miraculous Landing.” by Julia Link, Mauna Loa Helicopters
· “Finding the Grail” safety culture panel discussion: moderated by Dr. Tom Judge, LifeFlight Maine
Platinum sponsors for the safety symposium include AgustaWestland, Airbus Helicopters, Bell Helicopter, Boeing, Bristow Group, Helicopter Assoc. Intl., Robinson Helicopters, Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., and Safran Turbomeca. Silver sponsors are Conoco Phillips, Chevron, and Exxon Mobil; and Shell Aircraft is a bronze sponsor.
Print this page